Businesses that use software to help them manage and recruit both fulltime and temporary staff are found to be 40% more productive compared to those without them. However, only 60% of small businesses use some form of recruitment app. Why? Our research shows that there are four main challenges.
- Wastage of Time: Recruiting without a recruitment application leads to several sourcing issues – mostly because of an overwhelming amount of unorganized paperwork. It’s a challenge to source resumes, to ensure you don’t call the same candidates multiple times, and to consistently capture candidate information. Because this is usually done in spreadsheets or a Word document, it’s difficult to form a strong database. Now extrapolate that to the challenge of contingent staff (temp workers, contractors, freelancers) and your challenge grows exponentially.
- Reporting and analytics: Those businesses which are using recruitment software are also facing problems especially relating to reporting and analytics. Reporting is a tool which is used by businesses to measure the performance and effectiveness. But our research shows that many companies struggle to get anything more than simple, out of the box reports. For example, if you wanted reports related to process flow for a particular hiring manager, time to fill, and other key metrics. Speed and accuracy of reporting is often a challenge.
- Cost: The integration of recruitment software into the industry was a boon to large companies, but to the small and medium sized firms, the hefty price tags made these systems untenable. Enterprise system can range up to hundreds of thousands or millions of dollars per year.
- Not Integrated to Internal Systems: Great, we’ve picked a new hire. Now how to bridge that dangerous ground from offer through to them actually joining, and making that a great experience for all? How can you automate the outreach while we wait for them to join, and ensure that Monday morning they have a desk, email, phone and laptop?
How CloudGo’s ServiceNow Recruitment Application helps overcome the above challenges:
- Time Saver: Integrating this application will help you capture every detail of the recruitment process in the system, and that record gets saved for the future. So this automatically eliminates your “spreadsheet hell” and reduces the possibility of doubling up work on the same candidates. As a result of which you can build a strong database with no duplicates along with candidate’s status in the process.
- Reporting and Analytics: This Recruitment application enables users to get reports of their choice. ServiceNow reports can be lists, charts, or calendar-based views of data in a particular table. We’ve built a range of predefined reports that pertain to applications and features. If none of the predefined reports meet recruiter needs, there’s a simple drag and drop user interface to get the data you need.
- Cost Effective: This application can be customized according to the budget of the organization. This product can be easily integrated in Mid-sized organizations making your recruitment process easier and faster.
- Onboarding capability: ServiceNow has pre-built capability around onboarding staff, from triggering tasks to ensure the manager is out-reaching to them before they join, to integrating to internal finance and IT systems to set up their payroll, turn on their email and internet access, and other Day 0 activities.
Apart from above there are following:
- Mobile & Laptop Version:In this age of technology, one expect and require mobile and laptop functionality and we provide it. So even if you are out of office, or you are not having laptop still you can have an access to this software and thus work can be done.
- Cloud Based & SaaS: These days one need to be able to access your entire business from any part of the world. The ServiceNow platform is a powerful cloud application platform that enables you to do that and meet end‑user expectations for a modern, consumerized experience. It empowers requestors and fulfillers of work tasks to achieve greater productivity by linking real‑time data with activities, tasks, and processes to achieve better work outcomes. With Software-as-a-service feature it becomes easy for an organization to implement and adopt this software application at lower cost in which upgrades are much simpler.
- Per Hire Visibility: You can have a real-time view of the progress of your candidates all the time. What stage are they at? Whose approval are we waiting on? Has the offer been sent?
- Improved Security: Every organization needs to know whether their data is secured in the cloud or not. ServiceNow’s security complies to international standards and is regularly independently audited. Your data gets secured by using access controls like by IP address, by User, by Role, and using multi-factor authentication.
- Workflows: Need to change how a process works? No problem. Workflows are easy to configure, for example if different level of approvals are required depending on the position hiring for, it just takes a few clicks.
- SLA’s and KPI’s: With SLA’s it becomes easy to track KPI’s of an Employee/Department/Organization. This gives exact picture whether KPI’s are being met or not. Also multiple SLA’s can be run simultaneously – for example, one can have SLA running from end to end (creating a requisition till closure) or an SLA only for Sourcing or for Screening or for both. This solves your challenge of calculating how much time it took to fill a particular position.
In summary, the four challenges that most businesses face in recruiting aren’t that challenging at all with the right systems in place. What challenges are you facing in recruiting permanent and temporary staff?